Sunday 29 January 2012

Chickpea, Olive & Feta Salad

I've never been a great fan of salads. I know leaves are good for you, I know they fill you up without filling you out, but they just seem kind of bland. But after enjoying a salad last week in Spain I decided to start playing around with them again, to see if I could make one I actually enjoyed. Some chickpeas, feta cheese, olives, cherry tomatoes and dressing later - I think I'm on to something.

INGREDIENTS

Some salad, whatever kind takes your fancy
Cherry Tomatoes
Olives
Feta, crumbled
Chickpeas, cooked
Tomato Puree
Garlic Puree
Olive Oil
Balsamic Vinegar

RECIPE

Cook the chickpeas for 5 or so minutes on a low heat. Meanwhile was the salad and tomatoes, leaving it for a while so you don't inundate your plate with water.
Mix the salad, tomatoes, olives, feta and chickpeas together (Best done in a different bowl to that which you'll serve it in) and then place carefully on to each plate, making sure that everyone gets a bit of something.
Next, mix together the tomato and garlic puree with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar for 30 seconds before carefully spooning over the salad to give a good hint of flavour, but without overwhelming the dish.

Serve & Enjoy!

Seeds, nuts, honey and fruit could also be added.

2 comments: