Saturday 4 February 2012

Leek & Mushroom Soup

Soup is a wonderfully simple treat, and it's healthy too - which is always a bonus. I play around with my soups, I guess I eat them so often that if I didn't play around with the vegetables and flavours I would get awfully bored. I try to go with the seasons, so root vegetables in the autumn/winter and lighter variants in the summer. I didn't used to like mushrooms, probably because I'd never tried to cook with them, and I often used to make a cream of mushroom soup, but the fact is, you can mix them with leeks and have a wonderful soup anyway. This is a quick recipe, which should take around 20 minutes from start to finish - and the great thing is you can make enough to last for a while too!

INGREDIENTS

Some leeks, 3 or 4 should do
Some mushrooms, one normal packet, say 250g
Butter
Salt & Pepper to season

RECIPE

Wash and slice the mushrooms and leeks while melting some butter in a pan. Add the sliced vegetables in once the butter has melted and fry for a couple of minutes. Add enough boiling water to cover the vegetables and then simmer for 10 minutes. Blend and serve. For some extra fun, add a little grated cheddar on top.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alex,

    I decided to subscribe to your cooking blog because I am also a vegetarian and I would like to try out some more recipes written in English and collect them in my cooking file at home. Your recipes don't seem to be complicated! I have only two vegetarian cooking books in English, so new recipes are welcome!

    Fasulye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. I'll see what I can do =) Do you have any preferences, or things you would like to try? I'm always looking for new things to cook. This weekend my partner made vegetarian burgers and they were the most delicious thing!

    ReplyDelete