Thursday 23 February 2012

Blueberry Crush Smoothie

Smoothies have been popular for a while. In fact, I don't know when they haven't been popular. But the question always is, should I make them myself, or just go and buy one? I tend to buy them if I'm out and about, but make them at home when I can. Fruit that supermarkets are selling off cheaply because it's close to the due date can be good, or random bits of stuff that I have in my fridge (and it can be quite random)! Then, I also use bananas, apples and yoghurt in most of my smoothies anyway. Whatever I have really, it's pretty much always gonna taste good! This one, however, was different, since I wanted to add some carrots into the mix, to liven it all up a bit:

INGREDIENTS

a few carrots, very finely sliced
some blueberries, say 250g
a banana
two apples
yoghurt
honey
a crumbled biscuit

RECIPE

Whack all the ingredients together, except for the biscuit, making sure they combine well as you blend them. Depending on how you like your smoothies, thick or less so, you can add more yoghurt or more fruit. Then put into a glass, add the crumbled biscuit and enjoy! As you can see, my smoothie was so think I needed a teaspoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment