Tuesday 3 April 2012

Vegetarian Food Studio

For my first restaurant review I couldn't hope for a better place than the Vegetarian Food Studio, a real gem in Cardiff's culinary world. I've been there twice, with the last visit coming on Friday for my anniversary. And it didn't let us down, with warm service, great food and prices which are unlikely to break anyone's bank.

We chose a 'Thali', a cheap and cheerful dish which gives you a mixture of different flavours and foods to really whet the appetite (it also allows you not to have to decide between dishes on the huge menu). It was the same dish I had the first time and there's nothing really to add apart from the fact that even when they say it's not hot, it really is!

To calm the senses down we also ordered the Vegan Mango Smoothie (Lassie) which they offer, and is probably the nicest drink I've ever had the luck to try. It's inescapable richness, coupled with the way it smoothes your throat after the hot curry really makes the dining experience something special. I couldn't recommend it more =)

No comments:

Post a Comment