Thursday 15 September 2011

Sometimes I like to have pancakes for breakfast. Sometimes I like to have toast with homemade jam and warm coffee (this is usually when I am not at home). Yet, most of all, I like to eat porridge! Seen here without other ingredients.

I cook my porridge slowly, 10-20 minutes or so, on the lowest heat possible. The less you stir it, the thicker and rougher it gets (this is good). I usually use organic or filtered whole milk, and normal oats - although I think I'm going to start experimenting more this winter, when I find good suppliers for different types of oats and milk etc.

Today I had this with a mango and apple juice and 'the Guardian', a pretty good way to start the day.

2 comments:

  1. You're 100% right, there's nothing better than a warm porridge for a cold day's breakfast.. :) I gave up eating porridge for a while (summer etc.) but when it gets really cold outside it's my absolutely favourite meal.
    Have you tried porridge with mashed banana inside? Try it, add mashed banana and cook as always. It's heaven, I promise.
    Have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. I have tried mashed banana with porridge, but I think I prefer it sliced on top after it's cooked, and then pushed around so it's warm and part of the porridge, but not overtaking the taste of it - more of a complement than a main part. See my new post.

    ReplyDelete