Friday 23 March 2012

Brecwast

Brecwast means breakfast in Welsh and has always been a word which has come to me before the English, even though I may not be a fluent Welsh speaker. It signifies not only the dawn of a new day full of hope, but also an opportunity to cook, to enjoy oneself with the idea of creating new dishes and new ideas i.e. a cook's dream. Although I always have a very similar brecwast - porridge - it never stays the same, with the fruit changing with the seasons and the milk switching from diary product to soya and back without difficulty. In spring I start to divest myself of the hot drinks and instead concentrate on juices to go with the daffodils that sit upon my table. If every day is a new day it's good to start the day as best you can, with good food, vibrant colour and a positive attitude towards what one must achieve in the coming hours.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    That's not sorbet you see at that picture. It's a vice cream: only two ingredients = frozen banana and frozen strawberries. Throw it into a foodprocessor and you become such a delicious ice cream/sorbet!

    ReplyDelete